Sunday, December 9, 2007

Puerto Rico is for Pigs

Sorry for the hiatus, but I've spent the last few days in Puerto Rico with my company. Any number of unspeakable things happened, including me losing my iPod (and you best believe that within 24 hours I'd already purchased another); I took what amounts to a 9 hour shower in my hotel room; I walked around with my fly open for an entire night, and I took a swim in the ocean at 3am after taking a shot of Bacardi and chasing it with a swig of Hurricane. (NOT SMART!!)

But all ridicularity (I know, not a real word...) aside, I had one of the coolest experiences ever, taking a scenic drive with some coworkers from Rio Grande to the village of Cayay and hit up a Lechonera - or roasted pig stand - called "Lechonera Los Pino" that was seen on Discovery's Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.

Let me just say that this was some of the juiciest, most tender and juicy pork that I've ever tasted. (Did I mention that it was juicy?)

As the famous comedian and street intellectual Chris Rock once said, "I'll eat a pig's a$$ if you cook it right!"


Indeed Mr. Rock. Indeed.

~Brown Guy

1 comment:

K said...

NO! not the iPod!!!!