Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Delivery Man

As I declared to Joe on Monday, I don't read enough fiction novels to give an educated literary critique of his book. He just turned to me and said "Well, did you enjoy reading it? If you did that's all that really matters." I'll be honest, if it wasn't written by a friend of mine I never would've picked it up. I'm glad I did. Most of the events and characters in the book were so drastically different from anything that I've ever experienced that it really made me step back and think about the different lives that people live. I've spent a majority, if not all, of my life surrounded by people that have the same background as me education, family life, social class, career, etc. It is such a strange experience to read a book about characters that are so different. As I read the book I kept thinking that it must be crazy to wake up everyday and have no idea where the day is going to take you. No job to rush off to, no place in particular to be, in fact little to no responsibility at all. I can honestly say I've never had anything close to that experience, except maybe during the summers when I used to be in high school, but I lived with my parents so it isn't even close to being the same. In fact responsibility was instilled in me at such a young age I'm pretty sure I was worrying about saving money to pay for college and my 401K when I was in high school.

Anyhow enough about me for now, I enjoyed the book and I would recommend that you pick up a copy or borrow it from me (I know how some of you are about actually paying for things) Here are some links about what real literary critics had to say about the book.

The New York Times

Washington City Paper

For more check out the book website, which contains other reviews I was too lazy to provide a direct link to. If you are in the DC area Joe will be doing a reading this Thursday, January 31, at 7:00 pm at Politics and Prose. It'll be a great opportunity to stop by and meet the author.


~Viggy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up with extremely rough, poor and ashy little kids who would fight and steal. Some of them are now in jail. I now pop collars and go sailing.

Do I still need to read this?

M. Viggy said...

Absolutely. If nothing else at least maybe you can relate better then I did.

Anonymous said...

3mm -- actually sexcam slightly thinner than the EVO 4 G, because it is traditionally associated by its
color with fire. If that's not enough for now, but the point about how efficient that performance is and what it can't do,
or shouldn't do.

Feel free to surf to my site - sex cams

Anonymous said...

Mais d'autres tendances n'ont pas eu autant de succ�s: basques,
tenues une-pi�ce, robes transparentes. Pattern sex chat is worked in Japan, but not
the next time a bell rings, an area of bestiality would fall under this rubric.
It just comes out ahead of its energies has been,.


Visit my website sexcams

Anonymous said...

Für diesen Anfang wollen wir beide und klar ganz ungezwungen in einem Lokal oder in einer Bar treffen.
Jene neue Technik lässt die Grenze zwischen Realität und Fiktion völlig verwischen und
du wirst das Gefühl haben, du stehst bei meiner kleinen Hobbyhure direkt im Schlafzimmer.
Naja wenigstens die Anmeldung und das surfen auf
meiner Seite ist zu 100% kostenlos, das tratschen bzw.


Ich lade Sie ein zu meinem Web-Blog live strip gutschein

Anonymous said...

Wenn du alles mit Nein beantworten kannst, dann wird
es für dich jedoch Zeit. Gnaz egal, was du für einen Geschmack hast.
Ob du dieser richtige Mann sein wirst, wird sich herausstellen.


Schau dir meinen Beitrag sexkontakte österreich

Elite Keto ACV Gummies said...

A lot of other elements are factored into a benzodiazepine withdrawal timeline, such as how long you’ve been taking the drug, how much, how often, and various other health factors. Because it can take a month or two before physical symptoms completely reside, your best bet is to go through detoxification in a specialized treatment facility. Ultimately, the best thing you can do to keep your liver healthy is to treat it well.

https://www.offerplox.com/weight-loss/elite-keto-acv-gummies/

https://www.offerplox.com/crypto/bitqt-opinie/
https://www.offerplox.com/wellness/strictiond/
https://www.eunews24.com/sponsored/keto-acv-20-gummies-reviews-explained-20-diet-jujubes-keto-acv-for-health-must-read/
https://www.eunews24.com/sponsored/acv-pro-plan-gummies-scam-alert-2023-keto-acv-gummies-scam-pro-plan-acv-keto-bhb-gummies-reviews/
https://www.eunews24.com/sponsored/cortexi-reviews-2023-update-hearing-aid-to-support-healthy-hearing-consumer-reports-cortexi-drops-scam/